This would serve 3 people as a lunch or 6 portions as a snack
- 200g smoked mackerel
- 1 tbsp low fat creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp cottage cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 crumpets
- Handful of basil leaves
- Toast the crumpets to your preference.
- Whilst the crumpets are toasting, remove the skins off the mackerel. Take the mackerel fillets and add them to a bowl along with the creme fraiche and cottage cheese.
- Start mushing up all the ingredients with a fork until it forms a thick paste.
- Top each crumpet with a large table spoon of the mackerel plate, a halved cherry tomato and a couple of basil leaves.