This recipe will cater for 6 people – 5 balls per person.
- 2 tins of chickpeas
- 1 tin of mixed beans in water
- 4 tbsp of flour
- 1 Tbsp on chilli sauce (I used Encona Hot Pepper Sauce)
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of ground garlic
- 1/2 a lime
- 75g of grated mature cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Blitz the chickpeas with the lime in a processor until smooth.
- Tip the blender chickpeas into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together until it forms a thick paste.
- Divide the paste into even sized balls (around 30) and place them on to a non-stick tray. The paste can get a bit sticky, so wet your hands to help you mould the paste into balls.
- Put in them in the oven for around 30 minutes. After around 10 minutes, use a plastic spactular to turn over the spicy bean balls. Repeat this process a couple more times to ensure that all the edges form a crispy coating.
- These spicy bean balls can be enjoyed in a number of ways. You could put them in a wrap or a pitta with some salad and Greek yogurt. Alternatively, you can just eat them on their own as a tasty snack.