This recipe will feed 4 people. This recipe isn’t suitable for freezing.
- 1 litre of boiling water
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 tbsp of lemon grass infused soy sauce (regular soy will also suffice)
- 12 chestnut mushrooms
- 1 turnip
- A bunch of spring onions
- 1 dried chilly
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- 300g straight to wok udon noodles
- 4 pork loin medallions
- Boil 1 litre of water and pour into a large saucepan. Stir in the vegetable stock cubes until they dissolve.
- Add the soy sauce and chopped dried chilli.
- Quarter the turnip and thinly slice it.
- Halve the mushrooms and chop the spring onions.
- Add all the chopped vegetables to the soup and simmer on a low heat for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, add the spinach and noodles and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Whilst the soup is cooking. Fry off the pork loin medallions for 5 minutes on each side.
- Divide the soup between four bowls. Slice up each pork loin into slices and layer them on top of each bowl of soup.