This recipe serves 1 portion. A perfect treat for a Sunday breakfast.
- 2 slices of good quality black pudding
- 1 pepper
- 1 egg
- sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Slice up some black pudding into 2cm thick slices.
- Cut up the pepper into strips.
- Place the black pudding and peppers on an oven tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the black pudding and peppers are done, poach your egg. Boil some water and swirl a spoon to create a whirlpool. Gently drop in the egg and for 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, put the peppers on the plate, then layer them with the black pudding slices. Finally, gently rest your poach egg on top. To take it to another level, gently sprinkle over some smoked paprika.