This recipe makes 1 portion. Pasta does not freeze well, but this dish is super quick and has very few ingredients. Make it a vegetarian dish by replacing the chicken with extra tomatoes.
- 1 chicken breast
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp onion and chive cottage cheese
- 1 tsp basil
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of spinach
- 70g of any kind of pasta
- Cut up the chicken breast into strips and season with some salt and pepper.
- Fry off the chicken and leave to one side.
- Boil the kettle and add the uncooked pasta to a saucepan. Season the pasta with some salt, add the boiling water, and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, halve the cherry tomatoes and start to make the sauce.
- Add the cottage cheese and spinach to a blender and blitz. If it is struggling to turn, add a little bit of water to loosen it up.
- Drain the pasta and return it back to the saucepan.
- Add the sauce, cherry tomatoes, basil and chicken to the pasta and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve in a big bowl and enjoy 🙂