Recipe makes 4 portions
- 6 pack of chicken/turkey/quorn sausages
- 2 peppers
- 1 aubergine
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp of ground garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of muscovado sugar
- A large handful of spinach
- Cottage cheese
- Grill the sausages until they are nice and brown
- Put the sausages to one side and begin to prep all the vegetables.
- Cut up the peppers and aubergine into small chunks and chuck them into a large saucepan. Season them with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Then add two tins of chopped tomatoes, the oregano, hot paprika, garlic and muscovado sugar. Mix it all together and let it simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Once all the vegetables have begun to soften, cut up the sausages into chunks and add them to the sauce. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Before you serve throw in a handful of spinach and stir it through.
- Serve in a large bowl and top it off with some cottage cheese. I sometimes put it under the grill to melt the cottage cheese. Yum!
- Put the left over portions into some containers and put it in the freezer.