- 1 small avocado
- 1 wedge of lime
- Squeeze of Sriracha Hot Chilly Sauce
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 crumpet
- A few spinach leaves
- Cut an avocado in half and remove the stone. Pinch the avocado to squeeze all of it out.
- Get a fork and start mashing up the avocado into a chunky paste.
Squeeze some Sriracha Hot Chilly Sauce and a wedge of lime into the avocado mix. You can use any chilly sauce, but I absolutely love the intense heat and sweetness this sauce adds to the guacamole.
- Cut up some cherry tomatoes and mix them with the chunky avocado. You could also add onions, but this takes more time and sets off the tears, so I tend to avoid them in this recipe.
- Boil some water in a pan, when you start to see the bubbles simmering, swirl the water with a spoon and crack your egg into it. Cooking times will vary depending on your hob, so keep an eye on it. I tend to just prod it with a spoon to check if it has started to harden or not.
- Whilst the egg is poaching, put a crumpet in the toaster. I like mine extra crispy, slash slightly burnt, so I whack it up to setting 6. Also a soggy crumpet does not complement the textures of this dish, trust me.
- Once your poached egg and crumpet are ready, you can begin to assemble this masterpiece. First layer your crumpet with some spinach leaves, then dollop some of your guacamole, and finally gently rest your poached egg on top. Tuck in, and expect to feel satisfyingly full. You may be tempted to have two of these, but honestly, give yourself 20 minutes and you will feel fine.