This recipe might seem a lot, and that’s because it is, around 6-8 portions. Making a batch in bulk means you can freeze it and eat it whenever you want.
- 4oog of mung beans
- 2 litres of boiling water
- 1 can of mixed beans
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 peppers
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- A drizzle of Sriracha Hot Chilly Sauce.
- Pour 400g of mung beans into a saucepan with a 2 litres of boiling water. Boil it for 30 mins. Bare in mind it can sometimes take longer. Check it, then cook it for longer if needed.
- Once they are cooked, drain them, put them back into the large saucepan and add 1 can of mixed beans, and 1 can a kidney beans.
- Season the beans with a couple of pinches of salt and pepper.
- Chop up some peppers into chunks and chuck them in. Add in some sweetcorn and onion if you fancy it.
- Then open up 2 tins of chopped tomatoes and pour them in too.
- Heat it all up for around 15-20 mins.
- Whilst it is bubbling, add in some chilli powder. My advice would be to add a little bit at a time until you are happy with the heat.
- To finish it off, dollop some yogurt on top, and then drizzle over some Sriracha Hot Chilly Sauce.
- Put the leftovers in 6 small containers, then freeze it.